Thursday, July 16, 2015



This past weekend we took a little trip to Kampot. It was absolutely beautiful. I'm disappointed that the pictures don't even come close to doing this place justice. We stayed in little bungalows that were right on the bank of the river. Our first day we went to some rapids and ran into a group of Australians tubing down the river. They told us it was only $5 so of course we had to do it. We went to their little hostel that they owned and it was a total party house! Everyone there was totally wasted and high out of their minds. It wasn't until we were in the truck on our way to the top of this river that we began to realize how sketchy this was. We were just trusting these two drunk Australian guys to bring us safely down the river. I was so out of my element, I'm really not a spontaneous person... at all. But I'm so glad we did it! It was so much fun and the view from the river was incredible! Again, I'm so disappointed that the pictures don't do it justice. I'm also so so so disappointed that I left the GoPro in Phnom Pehn. Duh. 

The second day we went to the beach which was just as fun and just as beautiful. I've really only been to the beach about three or four times in my life. Dillon was laughing at me because I guess I was acting like a little kid. I felt like the waves were pretty big but everyone else kept telling me how tiny they were haha.


I made a short video of our weekend but unfortunately didn't get any videos from the river or the beach.

 



Our hotel/bungalow








The river before we found our Australian friends




Me realizing how stupid of an idea this was
 





 

 

 
 
Next stop: Thailand 


2 comments:

  1. I love all the photos and the video! This is so fun to see:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you went down the river with drunk people! Haha! And I also can't believe you actually stayed in that little hut!!?? So awesome. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete